Ring of Sages
The mercenary Bakra-Do turned the ring over in his hands several times before putting it on. He was hesitant, because, as everyone knows, magical rings can be very dangerous things.
‘And what is your power, if any?’ he asked the ring, admiring the green stone within.
‘I am the Ring of Sages, containing a wealth of knowledge,’ squeaked the ring, much to Bakra-Do’s astonishment.
‘Are there ogres in yonder mountain pass?’ he asked.
‘Undoubtedly,’ replied the ring.
‘Can I get by them?’
‘With stealth and subtlety, yes.’
‘Are you always accurate?’
‘Mostly,’ chirped the ring as the mercenary wondered if he should find another route.
It is rumored that the knowledge of ten legendary sages is stored within this ring. If true one of these wise people was a bit of a scoundrel because the answers aren’t always right….
Benefit: A magical ring that has a wealth of lore stored within it. The GM/DM may decide if the ring has specific lore that the ring is attuned to or if these rings are only found in a certain area and only useful in that particular area and of a certain subject. The ring will be accurate 80% of the time, giving truthful information to the wearer in a thin, squeaky voice, but the other 20% of the time the ring doesn’t contain the answer and will make something up, and no matter how outlandish, with a mostly accurate track record its advice is often followed. The ring answers four questions per day.
Usable by: Anyone.